Volunteer for a Committee
Get even more involved. As a small organization, AAF-Utah needs help with everything from planning events, coordinating the ADDY's and securing publicity for our organization and its members. By volunteering for one of our planning committees you'll meet people and get great experience.
If any of the committees below are of interest to you, click on the link below and fill out the form.
- Programs, Education and Invites: Find and book industry leading speakers for our luncheons who are interesting, entertaining and can speak to relevant issues. Also includes planning educational events for our members.
- ADDY's: Responsible for planning, executing and hosting the ADDY's event, the annual creative awards show. This includes managing the Call for Entries, judging, awards and throwing the gala event.
- Special Events: Execute AAF-Utah's major annual events including the Al Thomas Pre-Memorial Golf Tournament and other events that will add value to the members. Build fun, upbeat and unique social events for AAF-Utah members to network.
- Sponsorships: Secure sponsorships for luncheons and other AAF-Utah events to generate revenue to cover these events.
- Social Media and Website: Responsible for communicating with members, including updating the website and utilizing social media, like Twitter and Facebook.
- Membership: This committee is responsible for attracting new members and ensuring that recently joined members feel welcome and remain happy about their decision to join.
- Public Relations: Create media impressions about the local industry and place stories that will encourage attendance at AAF-Utah programs/events. Help provide press for local agencies, vendors and media with the goal of supporting membership and clients and garner general public awareness of the local ad industry.
- New Advertiser Media Program: This program has two goals: a) To help new advertisers get started advertising their products and b) To earn revenue for the AAF-Utah. Volunteers on this committee have an excellent opportunity to work with local media and to provide overall marketing counsel to new advertisers.
- Student Services: Aims to build lasting relationships with students and encourage their involvement in AAF-Utah. This includes promoting the positive benefits of careers in advertising/marketing and providing students with opportunities to work alongside professionals.
- Fundraising: Of course, having a successful club relies on consistent funding. This committee looks for fundraising opportunities.